The Perks of Being A Wallflower
This book is portrays the confusion and desperateness that is felt during the brutal years of high school, which are painful, but also self-discovering. The main character Charlie, has had a very scaring and upsetting childhood. He is kind of an oddball whose only friend, committed suicide. Despite his awkward shyness, he makes a few memorable friends during his first year of high school.
During the book, Charlie encounters so many difficult and exciting situations. Some he handles well, others not so much. But this story truly leaves you rooting for Charlie no matter what happens, no matter what is thrown his way. Honestly, I became very attached to charlie throughout this story and I found myself crying with him and laughing with him. Many of the emotions that Charlie felt are relatable and that's really what made it such a special book. I felt as if I was one of his friends, going about my freshman year with him. I highly recommend this book, especially to teenagers who like sad British pop music.
No comments:
Post a Comment